Thursday, March 24, 2016

Travis Picking Examples

In class we have been working through the Travis picking technique. It is a slow process to become comfortable with this common and useful guitar technique. I wanted to share some examples of songs that use this pattern. These might help you stay on course for mastering the technique.

Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Dust in the Wind (example) by Kansas


Both examples have minimal chord movement and I have simplified some aspects of the chord progressions to make it easier to focus on the Travis Picking.

Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear, this is amazing. You have detailed everything and I am mesmerized by your dedication on your blog. Hope you keep it up!
    I am a music teacher who loved to teach music to children and have a blog that you may visit as well.

    Here's one my creations https://musicadvisor.com/easy-guitar-songs/.

    Let me know what you think as well.

    ReplyDelete